5 Stars By Jan Beasley on 2018-01-07
Extremely Happy with MozArt Supplies, water brush pens😍
I’m very happy with the water brush pens set sold by MozArt Supplies. I’ve purchase two sets for myself. The six brush set includes two nice large brushes for washes on large watercolor paper & 4 other brushes for small detail work. They’re very easy to carry these wonderful brushes filled with water along with MozArt watercolor painting set to teach watercolor classes, (and children love them.) If you paint on the go, this set is for you. I’m very happy with all the art supplies I’ve gotten from MozArt Supplies, and I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with any of their supplies.
5 Stars By Yitzel Góndola De Solís on 2016-11-12
Helped me practice and paint the beauty of my country's traditions.
Totally in love. I bought these to practice watercoloring, and they're wonderful. Easy to clean, easy to fill, easy to use. One of the brushes misbehaves once in a while and leaks too much water but a little push of the bristles fixes it. Super convenient, they stay wet all the time and absorb the colors nicely. For the price, I can't be happier with this.
5 Stars By The Snail Queen on 2016-09-27
Wow! I've got a crush on this brush!
Wow! I've got a crush on this brush!
Disclaimer: I'm a novice watercolor painter. I was hesitant to try water brushes for the long time, because they just seem frightening. I've seen tutorials online, and some brushes seem to have issues with too much water flow, water dripping, etc - that just seems more trouble than it's worth, especially for a beginner like myself. But, with a generous discount - why not give it a try?
Oh my, I am glad I did! First of all, they come in a simple plastic pouch, and each brush has it's own snap-on protector cap that even has a pocket hook (is that what it's called?). I'm guessing to hang it on something, can't say I've ever used them. But I can see how handy it would be if you have loaded the brush with perfect color and were called away - snap the cap on, and come back to the pigment still on the bristles.
Loading of the brushes is SUPER easy - just unscrew the pen, fill it up and you're good to go. That's where I started to get nervous, giving it a couple of gentle squeezes - it wet the brush, but didn't squirt all over the place. From then on, it was a pleasure to paint. I'm including a couple of trial "items" that I did with the brush pens, to show you what I liked the most. I used the MozArt brushes, watercolor paper, and cream-watercolor paints (student grade):
- Water doesn't drip, flow, squirt or anything like that. A gentle squeeze is more than enough if you want to dilute the pigment on the brush (or the paper). Most of the time, the bristles remained wet and pliable enough for me not to have to do any squeezing at all. Of course, the amount of water will depend on your own style.
- Bristles hold on to the paints! Not in a bad way, but in the best possible way - I load it up and it just keeps going. Since I'm new to using the brushes/watercolors, I kept having to adjust the water/pigment ratio, but once I generously loaded the brush - I could paint for quite a while. See my letters with several hearts on them - I took the thickest brush, loaded it up with a generous amount of paint and it just kept going. The color was even and bright. Quite happy with that!
- Bristles are soft and flexible enough to do line work, although I admit - they could be a bit softer for that particular task. Writing "I love art" - I used the medium pointy brush - It was just a bit too stiff to write in a smooth line continuously. I used the smallest detail brush for the smaller writing ("I really do!" - and it was much more flexible, offering a more even and smooth looping on my letters.
- Offers even wash - as a beginner, creating a smooth, patch-free color wash is challenging. On the lady's dress, I specifically created some solid color areas, to show that because the brushes hold pigment and do so evenly, I found them very forgiving. The wash areas actually came out pretty decent.
- My favorite part (because of personal style) is the tiny brush that is precise yet soft, allowing me to do small details, fill-ins, and slight color blending. finding a good detail brush is hard, and I LOVE this one! You can see the lines that I specifically made darker, to show how smooth it is.
- To clean the brush, I just give it a couple of squeezes, maybe a squish in a glass of water and wipe. They stain a little with certain paints, but don't worry - they get very clean.
I guess my only wish for this set is to have one more tiny brush (even tinier! TINIER I SAY!), but that's just my personal wish. Overall, extremely happy with this brush set. Great for a beginner like me, easy to use, easy to clean, and have smooth,flexible bristles that offer a lot of control to your artwork. Even with just 4 brushes, I do feel that you can try a large variety of styles and techniques, be it coloring in, freestyle painting, crazy brush strokes, calligraphy-like lettering, or delicate line work. I definitely intend to continue using my new favorite painting tools.
5 Stars By Girl Who Reads on 2017-06-29
These are the first watercolor brush pens I've tried. I am one of those people who really WANTS to learn watercolor but is very very bad at it! I find it's hard to paint with any real precision or detail in this medium and thought these brushes might help with that. I was not disappointed! It did improve my painting experience so I can only imagine what an experienced painter could do with them! I was also impressed that they didn't leak at all! Thanks for a great product.
5 Stars By AlumiGogo Customer on 2017-12-15
Quality at an affordable price .
I am very pleased with the water brush pens sold by MozArt. This is the second purchase for me. The six brush set includes two nice large brushes for making washes on larger watercolors. I am very pleased at how easy it is to carry these lovely brushes filled with water along with my watercolor box and watercolor paper block to paint in class or painting nature out of doors. They are excellent for lettering and adding little watercolor sketches using watercolor pencils in my art journals. If you paint on the go, this set is for you.Having the water ready at just a press of the pen barrel is an excellent idea! I am giving the duplicates I now have from my first purchase to artist friends as gifts this holiday season. I have been very impressed with my art materials purchased from MozArt and have endorsed the materials in the art classes I teach at the local community center.
5 Stars By AlumiGogo Customer on 2017-11-08
Great water brush pen set!
No leaking and the brush holds just the right amount of water, doesn't get over saturated. Multiple sizes are great for whatever project you're working on. Love MozArt Supplies!
5 Stars By MelrM on 2016-12-10
Great paint brush pens
After reviewing many other brands of paint brush pens, I went with these because they seemed to be of quality and price in my budget. I am very pleased. They are easy to fill with water, don't leak, and have good precision.
5 Stars By Kate the Great on 2017-08-13
Great watercolor pens for travel or painting without a lot of space
These are wonderful and convenient for travel or small apartments, or even situations where you don't feel like much muss to do some watercolors.
I have been using these daily since I received them and the quality is excellent. No leaks or issues.
I will be buying these again in a few months or other similar pens by this company (I tend to lose things and like to have a "back up").
5 Stars By Breyanne on 2017-07-14
10/10 Would Recommend
AHHHHH!! These are so great and a perfect addition to my collection of art supplies. You can use any water based paint you have and it's very easy to use. I've wanted these for a long time and it was worth the wait!