5 Stars By Xavier Sanchez on 2017-06-26
Three months working non stop. excellent.
5 Stars By GoodBooks55 on 2016-11-03
Far Superior to Other Options!
I went to the doctor with sick kids and she advised me to get a cool mist humidifier. I went to Target and got whatever one they had there so I could use it immediately, but then I bought this one online for the other kid's room (one needed it much more desperately). I so wish I just bought this one for both of them.
First off, the water lasts for 4-5 nights on low. The other one I have to refill every other day.
Second, you have much more control over the steam output since you have an entire dial to choose from. The one I got from Target only had a high and low setting--and the low isn't that low--so it's much more difficult to actually control the humidity level (I read the children's hospital keeps the air at 55%, so that's what I am aiming for).
Third, the filter doesn't have to be replaced! The one I got from Target already needs a new filter and it's only been 3 weeks. And since the filter in that one is soft and absorbent, it is super stinky already. The filter in this one is small balls that are not absorbent, so no mildew smell at all.
Cleaning is easy! The plastic is very smooth so there is very little film buildup like there is in the other one with thicker plastic. All you do is rinse the main blue part out with water and then soak the filter and base with white vinegar for 10 minutes. Brush it with the included cleaning brush, rinse it, and you're done.
This one is far superior in many ways and I am actually just considering the other one a loss and purchasing another one of these. And yes, I paid full price, both times.
5 Stars By The Superman on 2016-11-19
I prefer the More Expensive Model
It’s that time of year when I needed to buy a new humidifier for my son’s room and for myself. For my son I bought the TaoTronics TT-AH002 and for my room I spent the $20 extra and bought the TaoTronics TT-AH001. Both are extremely quiet and do a great job. I really like the Humidistat control of the TT-AH001. You just set the RH (Room Humidity) from 40 to 95 in 5 RH increments. I can’t emphasize enough how great a feature this is. I have had many humidifiers before and often had the room with so much moisture that the windows were always wet. Also, since the unit shuts off when the room reaches the desired humidity, the water does not need to be filled as often. My only complaint is that I have read you should keep the room at 35 RH when the temperature is below 20 degrees outside. Not a very big deal, but it would have been nice if the unit had settings below 40 RH
The other feature I really liked with the TT-AH001, as compared to the TT-AH002, is that the TT-AH001 has a handle on top for carrying the water tank. Both have handles on the bottom, but those feel very cheap. The upper handle on the TT-AH001 is definitely a big plus when carrying a full tank of water up the steps
If you can afford the extra $20, go for the TT-AH001. The differences I mentioned are a Big Plus.
5 Stars By Yi on 2016-08-10
Great packaging - please see pics
Before getting this product, I saw reviews saying there's bogus reviews here. Personally, I do think the majority of those reviews are REAL. Just as they did, I received this product for free and that's why I am not a "verified purchaser". But that doesn't mean I won't provide my honest review - There's no punishment to write a 1 star review. In the end, if you think this review helped you making a decision when selecting products, [...] I will be greatly appreciated.
So, here's my few points so far:
1. CHINESE PRODUCT: Maybe they are China based company or in California (I am not sure), but most of the products nowadays are manufactured in China. People claim Chinese products are fakes, pieces of junks, or inferior. That's simply naive and I don't want to deviate too far away from the purpose of this review. So why care if it's a Chinese company as long as the product works?
2. PACKAGING: Great packaging - please see pics. Three boxes in total plus foams to protect the product. I don't see a better way to ship and protect the product. - 5 STARS!
3. USER MANUAL: some reviews say it's poor English, and they can hardly understand. Here's some pictures to show you. It's very simple English and I think everyone can easily understand unless they are illiterate.
4. Quietness: I think it's VERY QUIET, but don't expect it to be "whisper quiet". If you need "absolute quietness" during sleep, you may need to turn it off. I doubt any humidifers in the market can be whisper quiet that you absolutely hear nothing.
5. Refill: it's easy enought to refill. However, not as easy as other products I used before. There's no handles from top or side of the water tank. So you need to take the nozzles out and make sure your hands can grip the tank. When I say easy enough, I mean when the water tank is empty, I can use only one hand the grab this water tank and have it refilled. Two hands are required though when it's fully filled:). BTW, there's a small handle from the bottom of the water tank, which I don't use because it's too small and not accesible.
6. Effectiveness: It can produce tons of mist out while not leaving your table or floor wet. My room is at a comfort humidity level now.
7. LED in the water tank: LED will be green while it's working properly, and will be red when water tank is empty and it stops working. It's not too bright so it won't disturb you during your sleep at night. (My PREVIOUS humidifier had a bright red LED, and I just wanna kill it because it's way too bright that it wants to light up the room)
8. RUN TIME: I have tried on low-medium, it only drained about a quarter off the tank over 8 hours. I think it's gonna last long enough so you only need to change out the water tank every 15 hours if running medium (again, this is an estimate, you can refer to other reviews)
9. RECOMMENDATION: need non-slippery pads on the bottom otherwise it's easy to slide on the table (when empty)
10. Customer service: I haven't got a chance to make a warranty claim because it's been trouble free. I have contacted their customer service team a few times about product questions, and they replied all within 12-24 hours. -Quick response.
If you think this review helped you making a decision, please click the vote helpful in the bottom and I simply just want to help more people to know more about the product before buying. Thank you very much.
Updates: after using it for 3 months, no problem at all, fuctioned like new.
Updates: 3/20/16, used about 6 months, the less mist seems to be produced. It used to be a lot of mist. I will see if it keeps getting less.
5 Stars By JoAnn Campbell on 2016-12-12
Love this humidifier. Bought one last year and thought I would try the bigger one offered by TaoTronics. But as you can see by the picture it did not perform like the smaller capacity humidifier. Traded it for the same one purchased last year. I run 2 daily in the winter to keep humidity level up. I refill each one twice a day, but easy fill and easy clean.
5 Stars By Lisa McKinney on 2017-12-28
I have to say I'm very pleased with it
I haven't bought a new humidifier in a few years. I looked a quite a few and finally decided on this one. I have to say I'm very pleased with it! The lights on it do not keep me awake at night. They are very subtle. I haven't reached the point if auto shut off yet. I've only used it on high once. It doesn't seem to go through a tank of water very fast. I fill the tank up, use it on usually a lower setting at night, turn it off in the morning, and haven't finished a full tank yet before cleaning it at the end of the week. It's extremely quiet! I love that I can point the mist flow in any direction I want. Even when I ran it on high, nothing surrounding the unit was wet by morning. I've even held my hand in front of the mist for a short period and not have water on my hand even though you can barely see the mist coming out. I forget it's even running most of the time until I hear a random bubble of air float up in the tank. I'm sure this would not be avoided with any humidifier. This was a great choice for me. I no longer wake up with dry sinuses and skin. I'm considering buying another one once I move to my new home.
1 Stars By Jennifer McFarland on 2017-12-19
DO NOT BUY THIS CHEAP PIECE OF JUNK
I've had this humidifier for just under two months. It is the quietest one I've ever had and also streamlined so doesn't take up much space on my nightstand. It's not easy to fill up since it fills from the bottom and has a tiny handle. That I could overlook. However, it died this morning. It started making a grinding noise a few days ago, but stopped. This morning when I filled it up and switched it back on, it made a terrible grinding noise, the red light faded to orange and then died. What a piece of junk! Do not buy. It's cheap because it's cheaply made. You'll save money in the long run buying a better brand. I wish I had done that two months ago.
4 Stars By Shannan on 2017-12-20
Big, quiet and works well
With the heat on our house is crazy dry so I bought a vaporizer for my living room and bedroom. This one is for the living room and has a nice design to it for the most part. I don't like that the top is slanted as you can't set it down while filling or putting the knob back on the refill port. It's a good size at around a foot or so tall and holds quite a bit of water. So far running it with the knob turned to the middle it lasts two days of constantly running. It's quiet so you don't hear anything as well.
5 Stars By Nick Ruiz on 2017-12-24
Recommended for small rooms
With a second child we needed a second humidifier, since they both seem to get sick at the same time. I was a little worried about the smaller sized reservoir on this one vs. the teardrop one we currently have, but that turned out to not be an issue – it easily lasts through the night on a moderate humidity setting. It’s also much quieter than our other, which is a huge plus in a baby room. Overall I’d highly recommend this humidifier, especially if it will be used in a smaller room.
5 Stars By AKP on 2017-12-22
I LOVE this humidifier
I LOVE this humidifier! It is simple to use, reliable, and does the job perfectly. I could not be more satisfied from my expereince. The price can’t be beat, especially because I find it to work just as well as the really expensive humidifiers. It is a bit on the bulky side, but it is portable and lightweight. It supplies just the right amount of moisture in the air. My skin and eyes definitely feels less dry. It is also very quiet! Don’t even realize it is on. I highly recommend!