- Sleek Apple-style design ideal for iMac, MacBook Air, Mac Pro ,MacBook Pro, MacBook, Mac Mini, PCs and Laptops; A large grey rubber pad at the bottom preventing the hub slipping around to ensure stable connection
- Adds 6 USB 3.0 ports and SD/TF Card Reader to your computer; Reads both SD/TF card simultaneously; Supports SDXC (up to 2TB), SDHC, SD, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, Micro SD cards
- Saves on syncing time with data transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps (much faster than USB 2.0); Compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 specifications
- 2-Foot Shielded Cable makes a safe and efficient data transfer for maximum performance and longtime usage; Built-in Overvoltage / Overcurrent / Leakage and Short-Circuit protection unit
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 & higher, Windows 98SE /ME /2000 /XP /Vista /7/8/10, Linux 2.4 or above
The Cateck 6 USB 3.0 hub with 2-Slot card reader is designed especially for laptops, tablets, and ultrabooks and expands one USB 3.0 high-speed port into six easily.
It also features SD and TF card slots, which makes reading different types of memory cards very convenient, and the use of USB 3.0 allows for the fast reading of large media files, meeting the needs of those who need their files in HD.
Please note: It can read both SD and TF card simultaneously
Designed to match Macs, iMacs, and MacBooks
Its metallic silver finish and Apple-style curved edge with shielded white cable complement Apple computers and products.
SDXC (up to 2TB), SDHC, SD,Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC , Micro SD; Backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1
• Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8/10, Mac OS 9.1 and above
• Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 users should upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 or later to avoid unstable connections.
• Cateck 6 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 2-Slot Card Reader Combo
• 5V/4A High-Capacity Power Adapter
• 2-foot USB 3.0 Cable
• User Manual
Power Usage Alerts
• 2.4Ghz wireless devices, such as wireless keyboard and mouse adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting to a USB 2.0 port is recommended.
• This hub is not meant to serve as a stand-alone charger. It is not compatible with iPads or any other devices with irregular charging requirements.
• To ensure a stable connection, don't use this hub with high power consumption devices (those exceeding a combined current of 4 Amps among all ports) such as some large-capacity hard drives.
★★★★ 36 real customer reviews average rating: 3.7 stars
5 Stars By Jason Ankumah-saikoom on 2016-09-12
Nice item to have
Item delivered. packaged well. Item as described. Only wished the power cord was a little longer. otherwise, item works as described. It's nice that the ports have a dedicated power supply, so you can charge items (albeit not supercharge) on the open ports. This comes into play if your computer goes to sleep, but you want to continue charging items attached. only small concern is that the anti slip surface doesn't work quite as well, but I wouldn't dock it a star for that. works well for my imac with all the USB/card reader ports are inconveniently positioned behind screen.
5 Stars By Fred on 2017-08-24
So a pretty flaky environment in general
I have had this now for a few months. Running windows 7 pro over my DIY intel box, I do a lot of development work on USB based credit terminals, iPhones, Androids, etc. so I run a lot of oddball USB stuff. I also run a lot of VM's that use devices on USB. So a pretty flaky environment in general, but this thing has been super reliable. I'm impressed. Also like the SD card reader is an unexpected but great ad, lets me pull photos off my Sony camera and has been bullet proof thus far. Wish the cable were a bit longer, but not a biggie.
4 Stars By T. Hunold aka TestShoot on 2017-05-22
looks good, works well
ups and downs
-throughput is as advertised
-plugs are in the back, very inconvenient
-powered SD and 6 external SSD drives with no issues
-provided power supply cable is too short
-usb3 cable provided is not reliable
-keeps ejecting some drives
-SD transfers are good
-microSD, not so much, lots of ejects
4 Stars By Stephen on 2017-02-01
Nice reader and port hub, but the USB 3 cable it comes with is too short.
I like it, the USB 3.0 cord it came with was too short, though. This is perfect for use on a desk, and it's a reasonable assumption a USB 3 port might be a little further away than a couple of feet. I upgraded the cord and all is well. Also, when I purchased, it wasn't clear that the power cord is included on the 6-port model with SD-card reader, so I have a superfluous power adapter.
5 Stars By vonvon on 2017-04-17
Awesome hub. USB cable too short, but not a big deal.
Very nice looking and performs great. Solid, gorgeous finish. I like that the power-in / usb out plugs are in back (unlike other models that have plugs on either side which…well what were those other designers thinking?).
The supplied usb cable is too short however, I bought another one and am happy.
5 Stars By C. Parker on 2017-04-27
I like it!
Just hooked this up to my MacBook Pro - it has a limited amount of USB ports and I hated unplugging one USB device after another to go back and forth between devices. This, so far, is perfect.
5 Stars By DSD on 2017-07-20
This device works flawlessly and so far very dependable. This is my second device of this type, if you buy, please spend a little more for a dependable product.
4 Stars By dan on 2017-01-11
Buy extension cord too to reach if you want to put on a desktop
Works good just buy an extension cord too. The power cord length insufficient.
5 Stars By Dr. T on 2017-04-08
I like it. It keeps me from having to plug ...
I like it. It keeps me from having to plug things into the back of my iMac and it seems to work just fine. It's a good fix and keeps my desk neat.
4 Stars By gmt7k on 2017-01-08
Good product and the SD slot is a real plus. It can be a little touchy getting the card in but that's a nitpick.