4 Stars By G. Weiler on 2017-01-23
Once you read the instructions, it's perfect!
I was a backer on KickStarter. While I can confirm that it did take a long time to ship, I can also sympathize with a small company. Doing everything for the first time can be stressful and have many unseen problems to solve. When it finally shipped and arrived, I was really excited. However when I was playing with it, when I pressed down on the pen, it would pop back into the unit. I was so disappointed because that made the PenSe useless. I emailed the people, and they got back to me within the week. Once I explained my problem, they suggested I watch this one review on YouTube. I never ended up watching past the point where it mentioned the clear, small 'o' rings on /on/ the Apple Pencil /before/ you put it in the PenSe. Once I put on the clear 'o' rings, it was soooooooo much better! So on with my critique of the product!
1) BE SURE TO PUT ON THE CLEAR 'O' RINGS FIRST! I thought I didn't need to look at the instructions, because how hard is it to put together a 3 piece pen that was easily decided into 3 parts. So I'll say this now. Read the instructions that they direct you to.
2) it is balanced. However, if you like to grip the pencil closer to the tip, it does feel unbalanced. Readjusting your grip solves this problem though.
3) it has an industrial look to it. I personally like it.
4) it feels very sturdy! I feel like my Apple Pencil will be very safe inside it! Along with all the accessories!
5) I love having a home for all of my accessories with my pencil wherever it goes! It's a no brainer!
6) my magnets only really work with certain parts of my iPad Pro. I don't know why. So while it doesn't stick to all the side, it does and will stick securely to a side, and that's good enough for me.
7) the cap on mine does slip off easier than expected. However, they are aware of the issue and were more than understanding to supply a thicker black 'o' band to compensate.
So in short, it is what it is, but I love mine and think that it was worth the wait!
1 Stars By Simon Jaisingh on 2017-07-24
Amazed at this product
Amazed at this product, imported from the US to UK only to find the cap is so lose if I hold it in my hand with the cap face down it comes lose and falls sadly with the top of the apple pencil in the Pense cap it makes that easy to lose also already had to wonder round searching for it, another issue is the lightning adapter which should apparently slot into it according to the video mine doesn't fit in the least its a standard apple adapter came in the box with my pencil.
I tried to search the page for contact info via amazon but didn't notice any and after 30+ plus minutes just wrote the review, I wouldn't purchase another one with the cap issue makes the whole thing pointless because once the cap falls off the tip of the pencil is vulnerable to damage.
1 Stars By terry e godfrey on 2018-03-04
Should have had a better retention method
Lotta money for something to fall apart. The orings do not keep the lid or other attachments tight. Lost the clip cap after one week of using it. Should have had a better retention method. Tried to contact the manufacturer but was unable to.
2 Stars By AlumiGogo Customer on 2017-09-30
Not very useful.
Too big. Not very useful.
1 Stars By Ralph Furlong on 2017-01-31
PenSe Apple Pencil Case
I received this item through the AlumiGogo Vine Program. Here is what I found:
1. This item has an interesting design and looks wise, it definitely will attract attention. It is simple enough to assemble with the pictures on the company website. Do NOT lose the O-rings!! They are what hold your pencil in the case!
2. Speaking of the company website, it is interesting to note that the website lists the price of this item as $75 there and $80 on AlumiGogo on sale for $75. Oh, the sale price on the company website is $59.
3. While the AlumiGogo page states that this will work on any IPad Pro, I do not find that it works except marginally on my iPad Pro. I have the smaller size iPad Pro. With the pencil in the case the magnets will NOT hold the pen to the iPad securely. Just barely bumping the iPad causes the pen to fall off.
4. With respect to the ergonomics of using the pencil in this holder, I do not find the added length and weight to be a help. In fact, I find it to be a hindrance if you actually use the pencil for any amount of time. I have large hands and I find it uncomfortable to use for any extended period of time.
All in all, while this does appear to provide protection and organization for the pencil, I do not find it to work with my iPad Pro with respect to attachment and I do not like the ergonomics of the unit. You may find different results with the larger iPad Pro. I have no idea since I do not own the larger unit. Also, you may like the added weight and length, I did not.
1 Stars By CS-Punk on 2017-02-17
The PenSe is the problem, not the consumer.
When I bought this, I assumed all the bad reviews were from people that didn't follow the directions. The pen I got has no magnetic anything. It comes apart with the slightest pressure, and it's way too long and awkward to work with. The videos I saw were simple and easy, but still it would fall apart.
5 Stars By L. M. Cooney Jr. on 2017-02-04
I Love It - Turns Apple Pencil into Artistic Tool
I backed the Kickstarter for this product. Yes, there were some shipping issues, but those aside, I just received my Pense this past Friday, and I do have to say I absolutely love it. It turns the Apple Pencil into an artistic tool rather than just an electronic component. It adds some desperately needed weight to it which makes it so much more substantial. I come from a Fine Art background myself, in my 42 years doing art over 20 of those have been traditional, so while I can adapt to the electronic feel of the Apple Pencil, I absolutely prefer it feeling like a tool, and that is one of the primary things Pense delivers on.
The magnet option so it stays put on my iPad Pro Smart Cover works brilliantly. Does not come off at all. Add in the fact I was not sure if I was going to have to remove it each time I wanted to charge the pencil (I do not, they figured that part out as well you can leave it on and charge from the bottom), and I really could not be happier with the fact that I chose to back this company and make their vision come to life. A vision I personally believed in since the moment I saw it as I felt myself it was what the Apple Pencil lacked.
It is my understanding they are continuing to improve on it as well, so it can only get better from here.
I am including a few pics so people can know I am an owner.
By the way I have read people claiming it slips in the case, etc. Mine is snug as a bug and does not move at all. I did follow the instructions to put it together so perhaps that is why as well, but even without the rubber bands it fits snug, they just make it more snug.
I also just drew the portrait of Ronald Reagan I am including completely using the Pense.
1 Stars By E. Garcia on 2017-01-31
Unhelpful, bulky, waste of money.
Yep, I hate this thing.
First, up there are no directions. I am not the only reviewer to say this is an issue. And if there are instructions printed on the side of the box, perhaps there's a sticker hiding them, because I have nothing. This is an issue because: yes, you need instructions. All you get is the case and baggie of assorted dinky O rings. Not helpful.
Dear Appostasy; Forgo the satin box lining and include printed instructions inside the box with the pencil case!
Next up, this thing is huge and bulky. It turns the sleek Apple Pencil into a LEGO Duplo brick. It makes the experience of using the Pencil more akin to using a Jumbo Crayon. Maybe you're down with that, but I am not. It's definitely not sleek, and not particularly stylish.
Lastly, I'm not using it.
1 Stars By Eric A. Hofstetter on 2017-01-23
Nope. If you are reading this, go back now. Don't waste your money.
So, I love the Apple Pencil. Thought maybe this would "help" it out a bit... boy was I wrong.
First, no directions. Other than on the side of the box go to the website. Open the box and this one long aluminum tube. Just stares back at you. I currently have the tube on the fridge. The magnets work good, but if this is THE ONLY reason you want then more power to you. I'm sure this is for you. Maybe Apple Pencil 2 will have some additional magnetic strength than it's first gen.
I'm sorry, but I simply do not have anything good to say about this. Thanks for the free item to review, but I will stick with the Pencil being just the Pencil... pretty fantastic just as it is.
3 Stars By Geek Girl on 2017-02-16
Careful if you have small hands, adds a lot of bulk
I have really mixed feelings about this case. I wanted to love it because it truly is a magnificent idea. I love that it provides protection for the Apple Pencil while providing storage for the easily lost pieces AND providing a way to keep it attached to your iPad Pro. However, it adds so much bulk that I really can't get acclimated to it. Maybe for people with larger hands this wouldn't be an issue, but the Apple Pencil itself is the perfect size and balance for me and this case just throws all that off. It's too heavy, too thick and too awkward for my smallish hands. I felt really strange when trying to write with it and it was really hard to get over. Like I said, I think people with larger hands wouldn't notice this as much as I do, or maybe people used to working with larger artistic utensils, but I primarily use my Apple Pencil for writing and note taking for nursing school. Overall, it's exceptionally well made and there's no question its of the highest quality materials, it just adds too much bulk for a person with small hands to handle comfortably.