5 Stars By Karla Sordia on 2017-04-28
These wraps are an excellent product! I got the small
When I bought these, I didn't quite know what to expect. I had been looking for an affordable alternative for plastic wrap, and I certainly found just that in this product. These wraps are an excellent product!
I got the small, medium, and large all neatly packaged in the envelope they arrived in.
Upon opening the package, several things were very obvious:
1) The small one is very small. I'm having a hard time using it for anything other than keeping very small bits of cheese, or to keep a lime/avocado fresh.
2) The medium size is a good size, but not what I would expect from a "medium". Sometimes, I find it is just a wee bit too small for some plates or containers that I would consider medium size.
3) The large size is perfect. It CAN be too big depending on what you're trying to keep, but overall I think it's better to have some excess to better cover your food.
After a couple weeks of use, here are some answers to questions I asked myself while I was thinking of buying this:
(1) How easy are they to clean? Extremely easy. Nothing really sticks to it in the way that food sticks to plastic wrap and, in the rare cases when this does happen, food excess comes right off with cold water. I always dry mine before I store them, so I'm unsure about mold or their capacity to generate it. I wouldn't think this is a problem though- it depends on how you clean them.
(2) Do they really have a smell? Yes, they do.I personally really enjoy the smell of honey, so it hasn't been a problem for me. But if you're averse to honey/sweet smells, then this is not the product for you. The smell does dissipate after a couple of uses though.
(3) Are they easy to store/do you need to do anything special to keep them? Nope! I just clean them, fold them, and store them in a drawer where I keep other similar materials. I do rinse them and re-dry whenever I'm about to use them again though.
(4) Are they sticky enough/are they really a good alternative to other wraps? Thus far, I would say yes. They are the right amount of "sticky" for things to be sealed to perfection. It keeps food fresh, it prevents bad odors, and it reduces the amount of waste I generate.
(5) Are they worth the price? They ARE a little pricey, but I've estimated the savings from other non-reusable products and these wraps come out on top. It's a good bang for your buck if you're going for a sustainable and reusable option. If that's not your goal though, then this might not be the right product for you because it's not cheap.
(6) Do you have to rub it a lot to get it to stick/how hard do you have to work for it to work? Not very hard at all. As advertised, they seal with the warmth of your hands. If you're in a hurry, you can do what I do! I let hot water run for a couple seconds, wash my hands with the hot water, and then seal my containers. The wraps stick almost right away.
Overall, I'd say this is a great product! I will certainly buy again when this particular set needs to be replaced.
1 Stars By Melanie Blakeman on 2018-01-09
Came in ripped zip lock bag and was disgusting
the item came in a broken and crumpled up zip lock back and was disgusting, wet, and crumbling. I've used these before and this is NOT okay. for $18, I expect quality.
5 Stars By Marquez Herrod on 2017-11-28
Sick and tired of buying Hefty bags? Get these!
I bought these on a whim after reading about them in a completely unrelated article about reusability. After a couple months of fairly regular use I have to say these are proving to be one of the best purchases of my life!
-Reusability: Rather than using a new hefty bag every single day for my sandwiches I now just use this guy. Not only am I saving by not having to purchase new lunch bags every couple of weeks but as a bonus they seem to keep my sandwiches much fresher!
-Flexibility: The uses stated on the listing all work well but I have found a few others as well: Keeping certain green :) plants fresh and covering bowls of rice or veggies. Keeps veggies fresher for much longer and keeps rice from getting crunchy on top.
-Easily washable: When I'm finished using these i simply run some luke-warm water over them and rub them with my fingers then dry with a paper towel after and they are all set. Thanks to the was they really don't have much of anything stick to them.
-Sizes: This assorted pack is nice however if there was like an option to get a certain sized roll of this kinda like how you buy foil currently that would be very nice. If I could cut them to my own desired sizes I would have a lot more uses for them.
-Stains easily: I typically put mustard and other condiments like Siracha on my sandwiches and although the condiments themselves wash off easily I do find that they tend to leave small stains and over time I could see these building up and causing them to look very unappetizing.
Overall rather you are looking to save the world or save some money these are by far worth the price of admission!
By Specially Designed
on 2016-04-05 Keeps cheese fresh, has a bit of a smell
I was skeptical. I was wrong. I have the large and medium size from this set. My favorite use for these wraps is for blocks of cheese. Cheese stays fresher, less likely to mold, when it can breathe. When I wrap a block of cheese in this wrap it doesn't dry out and last way longer without molding, I'm talking weeks longer.
These wraps do have a smell. When I first opened the package I was amazed at how strong the smell was. However, after a couple days the smell lessened. Now I only notice it when I am in close contact with it. It's not a bad smell, but there is a smell nonetheless.
I think this wrap works best on hard items, like blocks of cheese or over bowls. You have to rub on the wrap for a second to get it to seal, so it wouldn't be good for super soft foods. When I have used it for foods like that I just make a little pouch then press on the seams instead of directly on the food. I find this wrap works best when you approach the item to be covered like a gift. You just fold over the ends, rub a little to warm up the wax and form a seal. It's really pretty simple.
These are not going to replace your plastic wrap completely but it will certainly put a dent in it. The cost of one saved block of cheese is almost worth it.
The Bee's Wrap Sustainable Sandwich Wrap Pack of 2
is awesome! I use those daily to wrap up my daughter's lunches.
5 Stars By Haley Evans on 2017-10-08
I got these on their website and they work amazing! The first three uses my food tasted a ...
I got these on their website and they work amazing! The first three uses my food tasted a little bit like the smell but it went away pretty fast. Keeps food fresh and is so much better for the environment than plastic wrap
1 Stars By HN on 2017-12-25
Just another disposable item
I was very excited to find these in a local shop, I'm always trying to reduce waste and plastic materials in my home. Unfortunately they just don't work well and fell apart quickly, very dissapointed. Used to wrap hard cheese, the cheese dried out after one night. Used to wrap fruit and veggies, the cloth became stained by them (avocado, red & green peppers, orange, apple ). After about 5-6 uses the wax started crumbling and coming off the cloths in the creased or wrinkled areas. As I rinsed in cold water the wax felt like sand washing away. This made produce soak into and stain them even more, and I can't imagine they are sanitary any longer now that there are areas unprotected by wax. Did work well for sandwiches to be used within a few hours (so they didn't dry out).
5 Stars By AC on 2017-11-24
Best product ever!!
I bought as a gift, I love the color, I should have bought myself some. I have the original and they're so awesome. I can keep a cut avocado green for 3 days! The photo is one I forgot in the fridge after 5 days, cut off the top layer and bam. Thank you bees wrap!!
3 Stars By Xenabyte on 2016-10-06
Not as Great as I was Hoping!
Well, first....the smell. It isn't just the sweet, clean smell of beeswax. They have added other oils (and perhaps a perfume scent, like faux beeswax or lavender or something) scent to them. They kinda stink. Even the kids hated the smell. The smell will fade a bit after washing, but it's still there.
Two, I used one to cover a bowl of sourdough starter. After it did it's rise and fall thing, the next morning I had a hard crust on the bottom of the wipe. Because I couldn't scrub (it can damage the wax), I put it in a small amount of warm water. The crust came off, but the was coating beaded up and became gross and sticky. No amount of wiping could get rid of it....and it was basically ruined. So beware of this if you use it for any purpose other than just as a dry covering.
Three, speaking of covering bowls...I used the medium on a bowl of tuna salad and after SEVERAL minutes of doing the hand warming, rubbing the edge and getting it to stick to the bowl/itself...once it was in the refrigerator and cold...it came undone and my fridge smelled of tuna salad the next morning! So that basically defeated the 'safe use' option! I would suggest getting a LARGE rubber band to add to the edge of the bowl also to keep it tight.
The ONLY thing I really loved, was the cute purple color! haha. But I have some beautiful purple PUL and ripstop nylon and some amazing purple flower cotton print fabric. I am going to double layer, add in an elastic band and make some machine washable, food safe and NON SMELLY bowl/crock/sandwich wraps and covers!! Obviously the nylon/PUL side towards the food. It is food safe and BPA free.
I think whatever 'perfume' oil they added to the beeswax needs to be REMOVED. Add in a rubber band or fabric covered elastic band and then this might be worth getting. But the delicate nature of handling them when they actually get used and have contact with wet food...makes them more of a pain!
5 Stars By Tootsie on 2017-07-17
These are really fun and work well
These are really fun and work well. I warm them in my hands before using and I was pleasantly surprised how well they stay. Happy with my purchase
5 Stars By Beth on 2017-11-10
Great product. I smaller and more compact for packing ...
Great product. I smaller and more compact for packing lunches than a reusable container. Seems to wash up nicely.